開新主題 回覆文章 Share
發表人 內容
albert weng
初級會員
初級會員
發表 發表於: 星期一 2004-09-20 11:55
引言回覆

Hi all,

我在weekend時買了一隻16710, 到目前為止都滿意but 我發現24小時針有點奇怪.. 那就是為何24小時針和12小時短針不會停在同一格 or in other word, 為何無法同步? 小弟舉個例子, 如早上我將24小時針和12小時短針都調到10點鐘方向, but 到了中午12點時, 24小時針卻指著11點鐘方向,(短針指著12點鐘方向) my question is.. 24小時針是不是要以外錶圈來算第2國時間呢? 如果是以內圈來算, 那小弟的GMT II就有issue了因為過了2小時後那紅色24小時針才在內圈移動1格而己. Can anyone help me out with my silly question please? Thank you!
Etacaa
中級會員
中級會員
發表 發表於: 星期一 2004-09-20 13:10
引言回覆

Albert,

Nothing wrong with your GMT II. It takes 24 hours for the 24hr hand to run a circle. That's why it is called 24 hr hand. So, "24小時針是不是要以外錶圈來算第2國時間呢?" The answer is yes. That's how you can tell AM from PM for the second time zone. (You always know AM/PM for the local time, i.e. the 12hr hand, unless you are on drug!)

BTW, the 24hr hand also makes it possible to use GMT II as a solar compass. I know you are going to ask me how. Here are two methods:

Method I: Set the "24hr hand" to the local time zone. Point the "12hr hand" to the sun. The "24hr hand" will point to the North (or the South if you are in Australia.)

Method II: Just use the "12hr hand" and the "rotating bezel" without setting the "24hr hand" to the local time zone. Point the "12hr hand" to the sun. Rotate the bezel so that the "12 hr hand" points to the correct time on the "24hr bezel", e.g. the "12hr hand" points to the number "14" on the bezel if it is 2pm. Then, the triangle on the bezel will will point to the North (or the South if you are in Australia.)
albert weng
初級會員
初級會員
發表 發表於: 星期一 2004-09-20 13:44
引言回覆

Etacaa 寫到:
Albert,

Nothing wrong with your GMT II. It takes 24 hours for the 24hr hand to run a circle. That's why it is called 24 hr hand. So, "24小時針是不是要以外錶圈來算第2國時間呢?" The answer is yes. That's how you can tell AM from PM for the second time zone. (You always know AM/PM for the local time, i.e. the 12hr hand, unless you are on drug!)

BTW, the 24hr hand also makes it possible to use GMT II as a solar compass. I know you are going to ask me how. Here are two methods:

Method I: Set the "24hr hand" to the local time zone. Point the "12hr hand" to the sun. The "24hr hand" will point to the North (or the South if you are in Australia.)

Method II: Just use the "12hr hand" and the "rotating bezel" without setting the "24hr hand" to the local time zone. Point the "12hr hand" to the sun. Rotate the bezel so that the "12 hr hand" points to the correct time on the "24hr bezel", e.g. the "12hr hand" points to the number "14" on the bezel if it is 2pm. Then, the triangle on the bezel will will point to the North (or the South if you are in Australia.)

Hey Etacca,

How did u know I was going to ask you about how to use GMT as solar compass?? Damn U can read my mind.. Thanks for your answer. Now I dont need to worry about my GMT II. :- )
albert weng
初級會員
初級會員
發表 發表於: 星期三 2004-09-22 23:25
引言回覆

買了16710到現在已第4天, 目前都很滿意, but Rolex 有一個最令我不喜歡的地方就是它家的錶帶和錶扣, 令我感覺很cheap. 我的Tag, Omega和Montblanc的不鏽鋼帶質感都比GMT II好. 記得沒錯EXPII的帶子也是如些.. 有點小失望..

Hi Etacca,

How about your 16713? Do you feel the same about your bracelet?

難過
JEFFREY-BKK
進階會員
進階會員
發表 發表於: 星期四 2004-09-23 00:21
引言回覆

Dear albert weng,

的確,我的16570亦讓我有同樣之感覺。甚至
覺得我的OMEGA海馬之錶帶都較具質感。尤其
當你把16570從腕上脫下來後,鋼帶掛在空中,
更讓我感覺她是如此的單薄、不具質感! 困惑

但說也奇怪,當你戴上腕上後,又不這麼覺得了哩! 哈 哈 哈

ROLEX真神奇ㄚ 微笑  
Etacaa
中級會員
中級會員
發表 發表於: 星期四 2004-09-23 02:43
引言回覆

albert weng 寫到:
Hi Etacca,

How about your 16713? Do you feel the same about your bracelet?

難過

It is somewhat disappointing that the center links (made of 18K gold) are not solid. I'd prefer the solid links used by 16622 SS/Platinum Yacht Master. As for the "look", I can't complain about it. The two-tone bracelet looks nice. The problem is that it is quite shiny and attracts unnecessary attentions. I need to hide my watch when I talk into strange area.

JEFFREY-BKK 寫到:

但說也奇怪,當你戴上腕上後,又不這麼覺得了哩 

I like the weight balance of the bracelet. It doesn't feel as heavy as it should be. If the center links are indeed solid, I guess that it will feel like wearing a handcuff.

BTW, does anyone know if the center links of 16628 yellow gold Yacht Master are solid or not? I will check it when I go by a ROLEX dealer next time.
elprimero99
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期四 2004-09-23 11:48
引言回覆

JEFFREY-BKK 寫到:
Dear albert weng,

的確,我的16570亦讓我有同樣之感覺。甚至
覺得我的OMEGA海馬之錶帶都較具質感。尤其
當你把16570從腕上脫下來後,鋼帶掛在空中,
更讓我感覺她是如此的單薄、不具質感! 困惑

但說也奇怪,當你戴上腕上後,又不這麼覺得了哩! 哈 哈 哈

ROLEX真神奇ㄚ 微笑  

不具質感ㄉ錶帶`哈哈哈`真是一點都沒錯`但是貴ㄉ嚇死人勒``

初級會員
發表 發表於: 星期四 2004-09-23 13:03
引言回覆

Hi Etacca,

May I ask .." It doesn't feel as heavy as it should be" or "It doesn't feel as heavy as it USED to be?" I remember my dad's Rolex was way more heavier than my GMT II.

BTW, could you plz let me know how much did you pay for your 16713 in State?

Yeah you should hide your watch when you walk into an area that doesn't look nice/friendly.. 驚訝
Etacaa
中級會員
中級會員
發表 發表於: 星期四 2004-09-23 13:39
引言回覆

albert weng 寫到:
Hi Etacca,

May I ask .." It doesn't feel as heavy as it should be" or "It doesn't feel as heavy as it USED to be?" I remember my dad's Rolex was way more heavier than my GMT II.

Yeah you should hide your watch when you walk into an area that doesn't look nice/friendly.. 驚訝

What model was your dad's Rolex? The President bracelet used in gold Day-Date has solid center links. I also have an old two-tone Dayjust. It feels lighter than my GMT II. What I meant in my last post was: "The weight balance is good so that I don't feel dragged by a heavy watch like Rolex."

I got my GMT II a while back. I checked the price with a local dealer recently. With discount, a two-tone GMT II is ~$6,000 in San Francisco area now. But, everthing is more expensive in Silicon Valley than most places in the US. I guess that one may get one for $5,800~$6,000 in a cheaper area, where the Rolex dealer is eager to sell. However, not many dealers have two-tone GMT II in stock. If they need to order one for you, you will likely pay the list price $6,600. BTW, there is also sales tax, not included in the price tag. It is 8.25% here. You can avoid sales tax by either buying in sales-tax-free states (e.g. Oregon) or asking the dealer to ship the watch to another state (e.g. buy in California, ship to your friend in New York, and get it back from your friend later.)

You know. I never need to hide my JLC gold Master Geographic. It is double the price of my GMT II. But, too many bad guys can recognize Rolex from 15 feet away. On the flip side, when I walk into a business negotiation, I do like people to recognise my "not-so-cheap" watch right away. It helps me to establish my position. So, I always wear Rolex to a serious meeting. My JLC is left to the dinner parties with more friendly poeple.
albert weng
初級會員
初級會員
發表 發表於: 星期四 2004-09-23 14:26
引言回覆

Etacaa 寫到:
albert weng 寫到:
Hi Etacca,

What model was your dad's Rolex? The President bracelet used in gold Day-Date has solid center links. I also have an old two-tone Dayjust. It feels lighter than my GMT II. What I meant in my last post was: "The weight balance is good so that I don't feel dragged by a heavy watch like Rolex."

I got my GMT II a while back. I checked the price with a local dealer recently. With discount, a two-tone GMT II is ~$6,000 in San Francisco area now. But, everthing is more expensive in Silicon Valley than most places in the US. I guess that one may get one for $5,800~$6,000 in a cheaper area, where the Rolex dealer is eager to sell. However, not many dealers have two-tone GMT II in stock. If they need to order one for you, you will likely pay the list price $6,600. BTW, there is also sales tax, not included in the price tag. It is 8.25% here. You can avoid sales tax by either buying in sales-tax-free states (e.g. Oregon) or asking the dealer to ship the watch to another state (e.g. buy in California, ship to your friend in New York, and get it back from your friend later.)

You know. I never need to hide my JLC gold Master Geographic. It is double the price of my GMT II. But, too many bad guys can recognize Rolex from 15 feet away. On the flip side, when I walk into a business negotiation, I do like people to recognise my "not-so-cheap" watch right away. It helps me to establish my position. So, I always wear Rolex to a serious meeting. My JLC is left to the dinner parties with more friendly poeple.

Hi Etacca,

I forgot the model name of my Dad's Rolex. When we lived in Canada couple yrs ago ,some idiots broke in our house ( we were out of town of course and my dad had his watch stolen.) On that time, I wasn't really into watches.. So didn't care what he was wearing...)

Wow u also own a JLC gold Master Geographic huh.. Nice watch.
從之前的文章開始顯示:
1頁(共2頁)
前往:

無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章
無法 在這個版面編輯文章
無法 在這個版面刪除文章
無法 在這個版面進行投票
無法 在這個版面上傳附加圖檔
可以 在這個版面下載已上傳之附加圖檔