WatchBus 手錶討論區 :: 觀看文章 - [討論]The ultimate thread. Please spill your guts out!!!!
開新主題 回覆文章 Share
發表人 內容
Mark123
訪客
發表 發表於: 星期日 2004-02-22 01:19
引言回覆

If you read the article that I wrote above, here is my question:

1.Do you think PP choose their customers like RR or Ferrari do?
2. If PP do, how do they do?
3. How about other brands, like AP, VC, or those brands you guys want to kick their Lip?
3. Now you know the importance of the image of a brand name, do you have any idea of the real answer of this thread posted by flyback?

I have had the answer, but I want to hear yours first.
Mark123
訪客
發表 發表於: 星期日 2004-02-22 01:29
引言回覆

Sorry.......,Something wrong

Again

If you read the article that I wrote above, here is my question:

1.Do you think PP choose their customers like RR or Ferrari do?
2. If PP do, how do they do?
3. How about other brands, like AP, VC, or those brands you guys want to kick their Lip?
4. Now you know the importance of the image of a brand name, from this point of view, do you have any idea of the real answer of this thread posted by flyback?

I have had the answer, but I want to hear yours first.
Mark123
訪客
發表 發表於: 星期日 2004-02-22 01:32
引言回覆

test...

Lip is lip
Mark123
訪客
發表 發表於: 星期日 2004-02-22 01:38
引言回覆

Now I have found an interesting thing. I just can't type 屁股 in English. It's amazing! Just try!! Type Lip Lip Lip Lip Lip Lip
flyback
歐美特派員
歐美特派員
發表 發表於: 星期三 2004-02-25 13:18
引言回覆

Sorry for not responding for a while. It's hard to sit down and think about this sometimes.

Since we are speaking of brands, I think one very obvious characteristic of a capitalistic society is that image is not worthless. In fact, it's safe to say that people are willing to pay a premium for images. We can't wear a billboard on top of our head and describe our personality. However, we can express that through our clothes or watches or our cars. This is a strange form of communication, and the biggest problem is that the presentation may or may not be intentional; it may or may not be the same as the original intention; some people may or may not care.

Mark123 stated that he'd have a hard time conducting business with Porsche owners. I think this is a very interesting approach. On one hand, from his own experience, he may be able to eliminate potential bad deals. As I said in my first post, life is a cultural dependent object, and shopping habbit is a part of it. By observing Porsche owners in Taiwan, for instance, he may be able to find a shared characteristic that is not welcome to his business. On the other hand, from a statistical point of view, the sample size may not be big enough and there's a lot of noise involved. To make my point short, there are owners who like/own/shop a Porsche and a Mercedes. If you are familiar with a Venn Diagram, you'll see a shaded area, which represents people who like both Porsche and MB. My question is how to differentiate the ones that you want to avoid.

Mark, please don't take it personally, b/c I'm not here to judge the way you run your business, and I have no right to. Obviously, you are ahead of a lot of us. I'm just trying to look at it from a more objective point of view. Would you mind sharing your experience and tell us what so special about porsche and Alfa owners? Is it because they don't appear to be practical? I'm very interested to know.

We are living in a superficial society. It's very hard to stay neutral (I'm trying). You know we can't avoid it when marketing is THE force of the society. It doesn't matter if it's a business, a political party or a candidate, or even religion, almost any entity needs marketing. Even at a personal level, you'd need to master the art of sales and marketing. Have you ever tried convince your wife to let you buy "another" watch? Or trying to create a "false" image in front of your future father-in-law? It ain't easy.

Life is such a simple word, yet it's so complicated.
flyback
歐美特派員
歐美特派員
發表 發表於: 星期三 2004-02-25 13:25
引言回覆

Mark123,

To answer your PP question, I think all products pick their customers. They do so by identifing their target audience. I think your RR and Ferrari example is a little extreme, but I think companies manage to reach the potential buyers in a subtle fashion. For example, a gang memeber will probably not consider a PP, b/c it's not durable, too feminine and not convenient during fights!!!

What is your real answer to this thread? I honestly didn't expect one, but now that you have mentioned, I'm curious to know. 眨眼

Last, let me try this.... I want to kick someone's Lip. 哈 哈 哈 哈 哈 哈 哈 哈 哈
wy02
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期三 2004-02-25 23:07
引言回覆

Mark123,

看得出來, 您是一位非常非常有主見的人.

小弟還沒有機會去美國, 請問您說的BMW在美國叫黑人車, 是那些 Taiwanese community 間的評論, 還是整個美國 mainstream society 都這樣說? 問號
flyback
歐美特派員
歐美特派員
發表 發表於: 星期三 2004-02-25 23:27
引言回覆

Wy02,

I'm in the US (northeast), and I actually thought Lexus is the African American ride... but they like BMW and MB too. However, the US is so big that I'm sure it varies from region to region.
wy02
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期三 2004-02-25 23:35
引言回覆

Hi Flyback,

Thanks. I guess those Japanese marketing people would not be pleased to hear that. 眨眼

(No offence to anyone! I am not a racist.)
Mark123
訪客
發表 發表於: 星期四 2004-02-26 23:00
引言回覆

Dear all

Is there anyone else want to answer my question? Is it too profound to reply? Everybody try to say/ask something.
從之前的文章開始顯示:
2頁(共4頁)
前往:

無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章
無法 在這個版面編輯文章
無法 在這個版面刪除文章
無法 在這個版面進行投票
無法 在這個版面上傳附加圖檔
可以 在這個版面下載已上傳之附加圖檔