WatchBus 手錶討論區 :: 觀看文章 - overhauling or disposing a watch?
開新主題 回覆文章 Share
發表人 內容
dbssimon
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期一 2005-12-12 01:01
引言回覆

I wanna ask all brothers here, if you have some cheap watches, e.g. below 10000 Taiwan Dollars, will you still pay the maintenance cost after serval years? or Do you put it into rubbish bin?

The overhauling cost may up to 1500 - 2000 NT taiwan Dollars. Do you think it is worth?
watchfreak
榮譽版面管理員
榮譽版面管理員
發表 發表於: 星期一 2005-12-12 09:30
引言回覆

It all depends what kind of watches, and your sentiment and feelings towards these watches.

I did maintain some watches which has no economic value but carry sentimental values.
dbssimon
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期一 2005-12-12 13:35
引言回覆

also, do you give the original company for maintenance? Since if you find watchmakers outside, if some parts of your watch has problem, how can they change for you?
watchfreak
榮譽版面管理員
榮譽版面管理員
發表 發表於: 星期一 2005-12-12 13:51
引言回覆

dbssimon 寫到:
also, do you give the original company for maintenance? Since if you find watchmakers outside, if some parts of your watch has problem, how can they change for you?

as far as possioble, try to go back to the brand service centers, but in most cases, they are not so keen to repair, it is because reparing old and cheap watches carries no economic value to them as well.

So, I send to outside repair man to do the job, but, this will run into risk of using of subsititute, wrong spare parts or poor womenship, etc.

No choice, maintaing old watches is a tough job. 害羞
dbssimon
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期一 2005-12-12 19:31
引言回覆

i see. This is the downside of automatic watches.

High maintenance cost and it is troublesome.
lam_vic
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期一 2005-12-12 22:33
引言回覆

I will Spend some money to mainten those watches if they mean something special to me 眨眼 . If not, I won't do it ...maybe just leave them somewhere else in my house 裝白ㄘ
dbssimon
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期一 2005-12-12 22:49
引言回覆

lam_vic brother , i see

but if you leave the watch in box, then after 5 to 10 years, maybe the watch will become malfunction. If you wanna use it again, the watch need higher overhauling cost.

Or you mean you will not use the watch forever again.
calatravayang
榮譽版面管理員
榮譽版面管理員
發表 發表於: 星期一 2005-12-12 23:02
引言回覆

dbssimon 寫到:
but if you leave the watch in box, then after 5 to 10 years, maybe the watch will become malfunction. If you wanna use it again, the watch need higher overhauling cost.

用正常的保存方法就不會有額外的損壞
lam_vic
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期一 2005-12-12 23:11
引言回覆

引言回覆:

Or you mean you will not use the watch forever again.

Maybe...But I can't make a promise about this.
Sometimes "Look them" is much worthy than "Use them"
Just my opinion 耍酷
dbssimon
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期一 2005-12-12 23:25
引言回覆

calatravayang 寫到:
dbssimon 寫到:

用正常的保存方法就不會有額外的損壞

but the movement still suffer from rusting or declining of lubricant oil. I mean out overhauling.
從之前的文章開始顯示:
1頁(共2頁)
前往:

無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章
無法 在這個版面編輯文章
無法 在這個版面刪除文章
無法 在這個版面進行投票
無法 在這個版面上傳附加圖檔
可以 在這個版面下載已上傳之附加圖檔