WatchBus 手錶討論區 :: 觀看文章 - Zenith Chronomaster Open vs. Chronoswiss Opus
開新主題 回覆文章 Share
發表人 內容
lecturer
初級會員
初級會員
發表 發表於: 星期三 2006-01-25 22:18
引言回覆

Hiya everyone, I am a new comer of the world of watches. I have no experience in buying decent watches. Hope you guys can give me some professional advice.

I am now thinking if I should get a Zenith Chronomaster Open (boy size one) or a Chronoswiss Opus. I am not sure which one is a better buy in terms of mechanics of the watch? Since I am a new comer, I have no idea about which brand or model has a beter mechanics, can you guys give me some ideas? Thus, in terms of investment value, which one you would go for?

Thank you so much for your valuable advice! 哈 哈 哈
goesby
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期四 2006-01-26 10:16
引言回覆

I think these two watches are different style. Zenith is more trendy style, especially they were merged by LVMH group. The best feature for Zenith is in-house hi-beat movement, but their price are increased ver fast recently.
Chronoswiss Opus is more elegant than Zenith. This skeleton watch was award the best watch in Germany. I also beloeve this skeleton watch is the most beautiful 7750 based watch in the world. The disadvantage is also the movement, very popular for chrono.

It is hard to say which one is better. It depends on you which parts do you concern? Movement, brand, maintenance, when will you waer it.....etc?

In my opinion, I would buy Opus because I love its style and reasonable price compare with Zenith Open.

初級會員
初級會員
發表 發表於: 星期四 2006-01-26 15:08
引言回覆

Thank you very much for your constructive and valuable advice.

Basically, I do need a watch with minimal maintainance and less fragile, cos I wanna wear it everyday.

The Chronoswiss one looks fabulous but seems a bit fragile. I am so worry that it would be broken easily and difficult and costy for maintainance. For Zenith, it looks less fragile but not sure if the machemics (i.e movement parts, i am not sure what it calls in a professsional way) of the watch is durable or not. Any ideas?

I have been told that Zenith's mechanics is very famous as Rolex Daytoner also uses its mechanics. Thus, the hi-beat movement is one of the signiture feature of Zenith watches as you mentioned. However, Zenith chronomaster open is not very expensive(round about 32000 HKDollars), i am not sure if it has the same hi-beat movement feature as those expensive Zenith watches. By the way, sorry for asking a very naive question - what's the advantage of hi beat movement mechanics?

Chronoswiss 7750 base, sorry for being naive again, i have no idea about what it means. do you mean the movement parts are not very special as it is commonly used in cheap watches?

Basically, the price of two watches are quite different, Zenith is about 32000 HKD while Chronoswiss is about 45000HKD. I would prefer the one with better movement and least maintainance. base on these the above criteria, which one you would prefer?

btw, just curious, which brand (Zenith or chronoswiss) is more famous in watch making ?

Thank you again.
lecturer
初級會員
初級會員
發表 發表於: 星期四 2006-01-26 19:43
引言回覆

This is the critics I found on the internet about Zenith Chronomaster Open-

some experts' opinion,open "heart'/movement allows dissipation of oil/lubricant vapour from the movement resulting in shorter service intervals/lifetime.

Is that true? It seem that the movement of the Zenith watches is not as good as before...Any comments?
從之前的文章開始顯示:
1頁(共1頁)
前往:

無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章
無法 在這個版面編輯文章
無法 在這個版面刪除文章
無法 在這個版面進行投票
無法 在這個版面上傳附加圖檔
可以 在這個版面下載已上傳之附加圖檔