WatchBus 手錶討論區 :: 觀看文章 - What watch I should buy?
開新主題 回覆文章 Share
What watch I should buy?
前往頁面 上一頁  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  下一頁
發表人 內容
AlainS
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期六 2006-01-28 10:18
引言回覆

引言回覆:

well...that's my own preference. basically, as noted above, i bought the watch for myself. (i am the 27 yr old lady) i prefer something with quality rather than something with diamonds but so so quality. if i wanna get a watch with diamond, why not just get a big diamond instead?

I am so sorry, i didn't know you are a lady, and you are going to buy for youself 害羞
BTW, The JLC that you are interested one, they do have a modle comes with diamonds, i still feel ladys wear diamond watch are very sexy.
But it's just my two cents worth 眨眼
And great to konw there is a lady interested in movement and quality, not just only outlook of watches 微笑
lecturer
初級會員
初級會員
發表 發表於: 星期六 2006-01-28 10:54
引言回覆

iwc 5000 7 days, sounds interesting. will have a look today.
(not sure if the watch shops still open today..sigh)

I know many women are interested in diamond watches and never give a shit on movement. tho i still dunno much about watches, i still believe that movement is a very important criteria becos 1) why should i spend lots of money on those diamonds instead of te watch itself. if i really need a diamond, i would never spend lots of money on wacth but buying a diamond instead. 2) it's gonna be my lifetime watch, of course, i have to concern about the quality.

ALainS, if you have any options in your mind which can fit with my requirement, please let me know. Thank you in advance.

btw, i have browsed those watches my friend recomended on net, nothing really excite me as they are too simple (i am a woman still, outlook is still one of my concern) and i cannot see the movement clearly (as noted above, a need a watch with good movement so that i can treat it as a piece of art)

If you guys have any further recommendation, please let me know

Thus, will go out to have a look today, will report to you guys when i get back
AlainS
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期六 2006-01-28 11:32
引言回覆

Glashutte original panoreserve, well finishing of case and movement, and tranparent back, you can see the beautiful hand-wind movement , after discount will be around USD7000.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/207425/message/1031001419/PanoReserve+-+first+pictures+Aug+2002+-+dial+and+movement
Please check it out.
lecturer
初級會員
初級會員
發表 發表於: 星期日 2006-01-29 12:58
引言回覆

The movement is really lovely, unfortunately the price is a a bit exceed teh budget.

Anywayz, thanks for your suggestion.
lecturer
初級會員
初級會員
發表 發表於: 星期日 2006-01-29 13:34
引言回覆

basically, i am just wondering how much would that be in HK dollars? The price qouted is the listed price or the price after discount? Do you have any idea?

I saw the back of the watch on net today, it looks cool...any comment for its movement?

Thank you very much.
Blithe
終極會員
終極會員
發表 發表於: 星期日 2006-01-29 15:41
引言回覆

If you really like it and it is affordable to you, buy it now.

Too much discussion would not be too helpful.

If you do not feel an irresistible impulse to buy it, but you'd rather seek plenty of advice from others, give it up. It is probably not an ideal watch for you.

白金會員
白金會員
發表 發表於: 星期日 2006-01-29 16:41
引言回覆

Blithe 寫到:
If you really like it and it is affordable to you, buy it now.

Too much discussion would not be too helpful.

If you do not feel an irresistible impulse to buy it, but you'd rather seek plenty of advice from others, give it up. It is probably not an ideal watch for you.

Respectfully disagree. 害羞

IMHO, impulse buying is actually not a good thing. There is nothing wrong with seeking advise from others and get as much information as possible before making the big decision. Especially if there is no one watch that she absolutely wants, and that she has a set budget, she will want to find the best for her and also for her budget. She has a list of potential buys, just need to get all the information and decide which to buy.

I am the same, I try to do my homework and study what I will be buying until I feel comfortable to hand over hard, cold cash. 眨眼

資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期日 2006-01-29 16:49
引言回覆

引言回覆:

basically, i am just wondering how much would that be in HK dollars? The price qouted is the listed price or the price after discount? Do you have any idea?

I saw the back of the watch on net today, it looks cool...any comment for its movement?

I have no idea how much is it in HK, The price i qouted is the selling price. not list price, and actually you can consider a pre-owned watch. Basically i dont buy brand new watch now, i will spend more time to do more research for the price or information before i buy it.

Personal, i love Glashutte Panoreserve, go to the shop and see it in person, you will fall in love with it. Especially his in house movement.
Please check this forum, there is a Glashutte Original Forum, you might receive more information from there 眨眼

www.thepurists.com
lecturer
初級會員
初級會員
發表 發表於: 星期一 2006-01-30 19:17
引言回覆

I dun think seeking advice is a bad thing as I am learning something new whenever i saw a new reply. Before I posted my therad here, Opus Chronoswiss was my first preference as I love the skeleton very much. The saleperson in the shop said that the movement was inhouse (basically, i dunno the difference between in house or non inhouse movement), i almost bought it in a shop.

After seeking advice from plenty of friends and getting more information from internet research, I have screened out opus from my preference list. Thus, one important thing I learn is that sales person in HK watch shops are dodgy and not so knowledgable about watches. They would lie, give you wrong information if they notice that you dun really know much.

What I gonna say is that - buying a watch (esp something very expensive for me) is not buying an apple form supermarket. Better understanding and resarch is really necessary.

AlainS, I did consider buying a preowned watch. HOwever, since I still dunno much about watches, thus, as i mentioned before, sales persons in HK are dodgy, I am afraid I would buy a fake watch or a watch with defects. (friend of mine owed several fake watches, they really look like real and even some pawn shop keeper cannot recognise that it is fake! ) As a first time buyer, it's more safe to go for a brand new one.Anyway, thanks for your advice.

After chatted with Subby, I have screened out some optons and put something new..Here is the list of preference:

1) Glashutte Original PanoDate PanoMaticReserve
2) Zenith Grand Chronomaster (open or not open)
3) JLC Master Perpetual SS

Could you please suggest your preference list?

For 2 and 3, i still can't get the price qoute in HK as no information in found on website and almost all watches shops are closed during Lunar NY holiday. If would be great if anyone can suggest the selling price in HK. Thank you in advance.
lecturer
初級會員
初級會員
發表 發表於: 星期一 2006-01-30 19:32
引言回覆

Read something about Glashutte Original PanoDate PanoMaticReserve...not sure if it is true tho..

http://forum.wwwm.com.tw/viewtopic.php?t=785

I am quite conern about the PanoReserve 指針變色的問題, as it could change color easily and may affect the function of the watch. I need to check out and see if the critics about this watch is true or not.

AlainS, are you going to see yours? How's the condition? can you give me more derails?
從之前的文章開始顯示:
3頁(共5頁)
前往:

無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章
無法 在這個版面編輯文章
無法 在這個版面刪除文章
無法 在這個版面進行投票
無法 在這個版面上傳附加圖檔
可以 在這個版面下載已上傳之附加圖檔