WatchBus 手錶討論區 :: 觀看文章 - Pre-owned VC Overseas or a brand new Zenith?
開新主題 回覆文章 Share
發表人 內容
lecturer
初級會員
初級會員
發表 發表於: 星期六 2006-02-04 11:08
引言回覆

Hay guys, gong hei fat choi. wish you guys all the best in the year of the dog. it's me seeking advice from all of you again. hope you guys can give me some suggestion!

I saw a pre-owned VC Oversea chronograph yesterday! It's the older version (not the latest one) but it looks really cool on me. I love it so much. I cannot get it out of my mind when I left the shop. I guess I am seriously in love with the watch.

The price of the watch is about 49000HKD. but it has no box, certificate or waranty. Basically, I simply pay the the watch. I didn't look into detail but my general impression is that the watch is quite new. Do you think it is a good idea to buy it? Would it be too risky to buy it? If I really wanna get it, how can i reduce the risk for being cheated?

Basically, i saw the GO one and the Zenith Open. The GO one is quite expensive and over my budget. The selling price of the pre-owned one is almost the same as a brand new one. Thus, the GO Pangraph has to be winded everyday, it's a bitr troublesome. While the auto one doesn't look that great as the movement is almost covered. I wanna get a GO simply becos of its beautiful movement, if it's almost cover up, what's the point for buying it?

For Zenith, it seems that it is the second best choice (other than the VC overseas). Do you think i should go for it instead of getting a second hand VC?

Thank you very much for you guys' advice.
stevenw211
終極會員
終極會員
發表 發表於: 星期六 2006-02-04 12:14
引言回覆

At the px of HKD 49000, if I were you I will never buy a watch goes without papers and box. IMHO, the VC box is the most gorgeous watch box I have ever seen.

Go buy a brand new one if you are a newbie in this tempting watch world. 微笑

終極會員
發表 發表於: 星期六 2006-02-04 12:33
引言回覆

I cannot get it out of my mind when I left the shop. I guess I am seriously in love with the watch..............................That it is 非常高興

how can i reduce the risk for being cheated?........................Only you can tell if the store or seller is honest or not right now. Buying a pre-owned one from a quite a little known store get more guarantee 眨眼

No reason to buy a GO ................obviously from your 4th paragraph 裝白ㄘ

Buy the VC Oversea chronograph!..............a good nice looking watch
lecturer
初級會員
初級會員
發表 發表於: 星期日 2006-02-05 10:52
引言回覆

I found another watch in another pre-owned watch shop. It's about $57000HKD, a latest version VC Overseas Chronograph, black face, with box and certs. The seller bought the watch in 2005 Jan and sold it in Sept 05 (then started staying in the shop until now). It's quite new with few very minor scratches..I would say 95% new. Do you think it is a good buy or expensive still?
happyman
新進會員
新進會員
發表 發表於: 星期日 2006-02-05 12:41
引言回覆

lecturer大大請注意,VC Overseas Chronograph is using FP movement, not an in-house movement while Zenith is uisng its well-known in-house design and manufactured El Primero movement.

It all depends on whether you are solely looking for the design or you will pay some more attention to the movement inside the watch.
lecturer
初級會員
初級會員
發表 發表於: 星期日 2006-02-05 15:32
引言回覆

Happyman, thanks for your lovely information. I believe that both movement and apperance are both important to me. I love The VC cos it's less common as not many ppl would have it (I always prefer something unique) and the movement is very good as far as i know. The Zenith one is also famous for its movement but not sure if it is better compare to FP. The apperance, i guess many ppl would suggest that Zenith woukd suit me more as my wrist is very small (only 14mm) and I look so feminine (a elegent watch may suit me better than a sport watch liek VC overseas).

If I do care about the movement (as i am going to use it as my daily watch) than the design (to get attention) which one you would prefer?
lecturer
初級會員
初級會員
發表 發表於: 星期日 2006-02-05 15:34
引言回覆

les 3466,
I know the VC one is cool but it's a second hand watch. The one without box is very risky for a newcomer like me. (tho the price is a lot more cheaper). The one with the box and cert is far more expensive (as noted in previous thread) do you thiknk it's still worthy to go for it than a brand new Zenith?

Thank you so much for your advice
les3466
終極會員
終極會員
發表 發表於: 星期日 2006-02-05 16:19
引言回覆

Yes......still worthy.....I am not talking about the watch
I am saying that a VC other than your other choices is suitable to you
lecturer
初級會員
初級會員
發表 發表於: 星期日 2006-02-05 17:33
引言回覆

You sure it suit me well?

Look at the pic i posted. See my very small Wrist and how I look like? Do you think a person like me can carry such a "powerful" watch?

I love the watch itself...but not sure if it suits me tho...
les3466
終極會員
終極會員
發表 發表於: 星期日 2006-02-05 18:01
引言回覆

(1) Just a judgement from your threads
(2) Why not..... Unigue is your idea
(3) Might feel uncomfortable and "powerful" at the beginning
(4) Will be used to it after wearing just a couple of days later
(5) And you would not feel regretful

Come on! it's time to give yourself a new impression 眨眼
從之前的文章開始顯示: