[分享] Rolex GMT II
前往頁面 上一頁  1, 2
發表人 內容
BB
白金會員
白金會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2004-09-17 01:38
引言回覆

Sub's triple lock crown actualy is more easier for me to set the time.
Twin lock is OK with Date or DateJust.
With crown guard (16710, 16700, 16570) made it a little tough for me to set the time.
BB
白金會員
白金會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2004-09-17 07:48
引言回覆

Sub的大龍頭(防水至少300米)
是因為3重鎖所以較大
之前有人貼其縱切圖(日本雜誌十幾年前即有此圖)
龍頭皇冠下有3點
(壹般2重鎖龍頭皇冠下是一橫防水100米...老式的不算)
龍頭旋開還有一個橡皮圈
龍頭大並不是讓你戴手套方便調整時間
而是構造需要
(Daytona 跟YM 為什麼用3重鎖龍頭而防水只有100米....我就不知道
跟錶殼可能有關與龍頭較無關)
Etacaa
中級會員
中級會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2004-09-17 09:01
引言回覆

phototalk123 寫到:

We need more watch lover like Etacca.

Nah, I don't know much. I just like to browse web once a while. 眨眼 I am happy to share my two cents anyway.
Etacaa
中級會員
中級會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2004-09-17 09:05
引言回覆

BB 寫到:
Sub的大龍頭(防水至少300米)
是因為3重鎖所以較大
之前有人貼其縱切圖(日本雜誌十幾年前即有此圖)
龍頭皇冠下有3點
(壹般2重鎖龍頭皇冠下是一橫防水100米...老式的不算)
龍頭旋開還有一個橡皮圈
龍頭大並不是讓你戴手套方便調整時間
而是構造需要
(Daytona 跟YM 為什麼用3重鎖龍頭而防水只有100米....我就不知道
跟錶殼可能有關與龍頭較無關)

That's one of the reason. But, the tripcrown doesn't have to be so big. As I said, the main reason for making it big is for ease of use with dive gloves on. Other watch makers also follow the "big crown" idea without using the "3 O-ring" designs of ROLEX.
albert weng
初級會員
初級會員
發表 發表於: 星期六 2004-09-18 23:04
引言回覆

Etacaa 寫到:
I am new here on Watchbus. I ran into this website accidentally and loved it. I browsed through the forum and couldn't find many discussions on Rolex and GMT II specifically. So, I'd like to take the chance to share my experience with the friends on Watchbus.

First of all, while Rolex is the most recognized watch in the world, Rolex's image was sort of "ruined" in Taiwan as "for rich but less sophisticated persons". It does not do any justice to Rolex. Rolex is the basis of almost all modern watches. It invented the first self winding movement, waterproof case, date window, two time zone, etc. In addition, according to TomeZone: "The Company itself is unique in that it is still privately owned and that the principal shareholder is a private family trust all of whose profits are given to charity. Due to this unique structure it does not have to concern itself with short-term profit goals and can therefore plan for the long term."

Secondly, while discussing Rolex, people seem to focus on the Sub, SD, and Exp I/II. One of the best models, GMT II, is seldom talked about. It may be due to marketing hype or something else. While GMT II is one of the most desirable watches to many collectors, it is less popular as its brother Submariner in the eyes of laymen. Most people don't know much more about GMT II than the "a 24hr hand for second time zone".

GMT II incorporates probably the most features invented by Rolex:

1. It uses the same rugged and precise base movement as Sub. You can virtually drop it from the 6th floor and it will still pass the COSC tests.

2. It is waterproved to 100M, way above any recreational divers need. BTW, it is "real 100M", not like those watches that are ranked 100M waterproof but the watch makers discourage you to dive with them.

3. GMT II provides the convenience of "jump-hour hand", i.e. the watch is still running when you adjust the hour hand to another time zone. Who cares if your watch gains only a second or two a day if you disrupt it everytime you change timezones?

4. The rotatable bezel can also measure elapsed times ranging from minutes, to a full day, depending on which hand you are watching.

5. As for all watches with 24hr hands, GMT II can be used as a solar compass when the 24hr hand is set to the local time zone.

6. Sub uses an oversized crown. The big crown looks cool. The idea is to make it easier to adjust the time on a big crown with dive gloves on. However, it is not practical. When do you need to adjust the watch with dive gloves on? I am a divemaster and have done many dives. I put on my dive gloves when I am above to dive, typically on a boat or very close to the water. If you unscrew the crown, you risk the chance that water gets into your watch. Remember the watch is NOT waterproved when the crown is not locked tightly. Besides, Rolex is very accurate. Why do you need to adjust the time on the spot? Maybe you'd like to sync with your buddies. But, it should be done way before you hit the water. On the other hand, GMT II's twinlock crown may be small, but it is the same size crown as what Rolex made its reputation of having an impervious watchcase with, decades ago.

After all, except Daytona, GMT II has the most complicated movement from Rolex. Well, Rolex doesn't really have "complications". But, it is quite an achievement to make watches so rugged and still meeting the COSC Chronometer Certification. I don't think that PP or Lange can survive if dropped from the 6th floor.

Just my humble opinions to share with you.

Hi Etacca,

I finally made my decision.. I took your advice and got one 16710 (Black) for myself tonight.

This watch is a beauty and it's beyond all I can describe.

Thank you for making my life a lot easier.. LOL

I am glad I purchased GMT II instead of EXP II.
Etacaa
中級會員
中級會員
發表 發表於: 星期日 2004-09-19 00:40
引言回覆

albert weng 寫到:

Hi Etacca,

I finally made my decision.. I took your advice and got one 16710 (Black) for myself tonight.

Congratulations, Albert !!! Isn't it very exciting? Enjoy your new ROLEX.
Omega
分區版面管理員
分區版面管理員
發表 發表於: 星期日 2004-09-19 10:40
引言回覆

Welcome to the 16710(GMT II) family!! Albert 非常高興
albert weng
初級會員
初級會員
發表 發表於: 星期一 2004-09-20 00:18
引言回覆

Etacaa 寫到:
albert weng 寫到:

Hi Etacca,

Congratulations, Albert !!! Isn't it very exciting? Enjoy your new ROLEX.

Hi Etacca and Omega,

Thank you both.. I have been dreaming about ROLEX since last year. I fell great now. There's an old saying about watches----> "men are identified by what kinda watches they are wearing and women are identified the size of their bombs"... ROFL... Just Kidding for the latter one.
從之前的文章開始顯示:
2頁(共2頁)
前往:

無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章
無法 在這個版面編輯文章
無法 在這個版面刪除文章
無法 在這個版面進行投票
無法 在這個版面上傳附加圖檔
可以 在這個版面下載已上傳之附加圖檔