發表 發表於: 星期三 2005-01-05 10:53
引言回覆

請問如何去除皮面錶帶的汗臭味而不傷害錶帶的質料/壽命?是否有平有可以指點一下?
spikegifted
進階會員
進階會員
發表 發表於: 星期四 2005-01-06 03:01
引言回覆

Well, you don't have to do this, and do think twice before you do anything... 眨眼

If it is calf leather strap (even those with fake croc print/impress on it), I like to use shoe polish to keep it in good shape. You can use shoe polish on croc skin also. Make sure you use 'water-based' polish. I've no idea about snake skin as I refuse to use them for straps - to fragile. BTW, if you have shark skin strap, it should stink. On the inside, I've picked up some lovely herbal oil that is for sensitive skin and periodically I apply small amount on the inside of the straps to keep my skin in good shape. 眨眼
Kelwin Wang
新進會員
新進會員
發表 發表於: 星期四 2005-01-06 09:27
引言回覆

Thanks for your advisement, I will try your solution to keep my calf leather strap in good condiction.
One more question, does your solution work both for new strap and used one? my problem here is a used one and have had a bad smell of perspiration, how to get rid of it before using water-based polish?
Thanks again and looking forward for your information.
spikegifted
進階會員
進階會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2005-01-07 07:07
引言回覆

There is a way of ridding some of the smell, but I would advise against it unless the smell is really bad (don't forget, an average cow, or pig, smells, naturally... 微笑 )

Use a small amount of 'liquid' soap (washing up liquid is quite effective) and water and rub it on the strap. It is usually the oil on the skin that left behind on leather straps that the enzymes feeds off. As the enzymes metabolize, the give off a smell... much like the human body - which we call 'body oder' or B.O. The soap will take away the natural oil that you left behind, or most of it that is near the surface of the leather.

Here's the tough part - massage gently... Don't rub!!

Work on it for maximum 60 seconds and then try and quickly rinse the soap off. If necessary, gently massage the soap away. The whole operation should last no longer than 2.5 minutes. In this time frame, water should not be able to penetrate too deeply into the leather.

Now, use a dry cloth to 'lift' the water from the wet strap. Don't rub!! and allow the strap to dry naturally. If humidity is high then the best way is probably leave the watch in front of an air conditioning unit or air dehumidifier. Whatever you do, don't use heat - hair dryer or radiator, etc - it will crack the leather and permanently damage it.

Once the leather is naturally dried, hopefully, most of the smell would have gone away and you can apply the polish and oil tricks. 微笑
chozart
初級會員
初級會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2005-01-07 08:49
引言回覆

spikegifted 寫到:
Well, you don't have to do this, and do think twice before you do anything... 眨眼

If it is calf leather strap (even those with fake croc print/impress on it), I like to use shoe polish to keep it in good shape. You can use shoe polish on croc skin also. Make sure you use 'water-based' polish. I've no idea about snake skin as I refuse to use them for straps - to fragile. BTW, if you have shark skin strap, it should stink. On the inside, I've picked up some lovely herbal oil that is for sensitive skin and periodically I apply small amount on the inside of the straps to keep my skin in good shape. 眨眼

Thank you for your answers, and there are two questions still bothering me: 困惑
Should the strap be polished both side or just outside of the strap?
Which situation and how is the frequency we need to use shoe polish?
spikegifted
進階會員
進階會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2005-01-07 19:44
引言回覆

I would only apply the polish on the outside of the strap and apply it in moderation and carefully.

In terms of frequency, I can’t imagine you’d need to use polish that often. When the strap is new, you should be in good shape, so you’d only want to start thinking about polish when the strap begins to show wear. Of course, how much wear is different for everyone and for every different strap - you have to make up your own mind about that.

Chances are if you’ve a strap that comes with a deployer, you’d probably no need to use any polish for a long, long time. On the other hand, if you’ve a strap with the usual ‘loop ‘n pin’ set up and you take off and put on you watch multiple times per day, you’d see some wear on the end that you pull through the metal loop (I just don’t know the technical name for all these bits). Also, straps that have high finishes (very shiny) will show wear more visibly than those with more like matt finishes.

I’m guessing that if you only have one watch and you take it off, on average, twice day (imagining you taking it off before bed time and one other time for whatever reason) and you don’t beat up your watch and the strap is in good shape to begin with... You’d probably be looking at 6 to 9 months before you need to worry about anything. Again, this is a judgment call, so your situation may be different.

眨眼
從之前的文章開始顯示:
1頁(共1頁)
前往:

無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章
無法 在這個版面編輯文章
無法 在這個版面刪除文章
無法 在這個版面進行投票
無法 在這個版面上傳附加圖檔
可以 在這個版面下載已上傳之附加圖檔