WatchBus 手錶討論區 :: 觀看文章 - [討論]The ultimate thread. Please spill your guts out!!!!
開新主題 回覆文章 Share
發表人 內容
flyback
歐美特派員
歐美特派員
發表 發表於: 星期四 2004-02-26 23:34
引言回覆

Maybe you should type in Chinese? I often feel that my "English only" postings scare people away. It's not like I don't want to type Chinese, I just can't. 害羞 害羞 害羞
wy02
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2004-02-27 00:08
引言回覆

Yeah.. just one quick question to Mark, actually, a few questions
so, what sorts car do the following people drive?
1.) typical, ordinary European Americans;
2.) rich white American;
3.) typical, ordinary Asian American;
4.) rich Asian American;
5.) Who are buying BMW, MB, Lexus in the States?

Thanks.
wy02
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2004-02-27 00:15
引言回覆

To make things simple, let's assume the above four types of people are all " born in the States", the second generation of immigrants.
flyback
歐美特派員
歐美特派員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2004-02-27 00:20
引言回覆

I think you'll also have to consider age as a factor. Young people tend to like sports car. Older people may get an SUV for the family. People who are in their mid life crisis would also prefer a sporty (young) vehicle.
wy02
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2004-02-27 00:30
引言回覆

Thanks, Flyback, you are wise as usual. 眨眼

guess I will never find out, and there is no one single, clear answer for my own questions. People in different market segments of course perfer different types of cars. It very much depends on their personalities, incomes, and influences from people close to them (e.g., their friends, familes...)... I guess I just answered my own questions. 驚訝

So, who are buying BMW in the States anyway? I suppose white, Asian people are still willing to buy it regradless how it is welcomed by those African American?
as893
中級會員
中級會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2004-02-27 00:32
引言回覆

As an Asian-American lives in Motor City and work in auto industry, I think I may answer your questions.

1. There is no European Americans, second generation immigrants from Europe are Americans. Tipical Americans drive American cars (GM, Ford, Cryslers...).
2. Rich white Americans: Mercedes, Bimmer, Audi, Lexus, Lincoln, Cadillac, Jaguar.
3. Middle class Asian American: Japanese cars(Toyota, Honda, Nissan...).
4. Rich Asian American: Lexus, Mercedes, Bimmer,...
5. Rich men buy Mercedes, BMW, Lexus.
as893
中級會員
中級會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2004-02-27 00:41
引言回覆

BMW cars are focus on speed and handling. People who love to enjoy speed will buy BMW. Its 3,5 and 7 serials represents the age group (<30,30-45, >45) of the owners.
BMW is fun to dirve but its interior is kind of rough compared to the other same class luxiury cars. Beside, rear wheel car is not good in wet or snow days.
wy02
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2004-02-27 00:43
引言回覆

Sorry, as893, my fault.

I am from Down Under. There are actually a lot of Europen immigrants here as you may know already, and we refer tham as "Eurpoean Australian", regardless whether they are the first or second generations immigrants.

So, judging from the answers you gave me, I guess I can say that, MB, BMW, Lexus are not less welcomed just because Aferican Americans like them.
wy02
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2004-02-27 00:46
引言回覆

<45) of the owners.
BMW is fun to dirve but its interior is kind of rough compared to the other same class luxiury cars. Beside, rear wheel car is not good in wet or snow days.>>

Exactly, that"s the selling points of BMW, the reasons why people buy it.
wy02
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2004-02-27 00:49
引言回覆

Since both white and colour people like BMW, I guess I can say that it is not really fair to call BMW a "黑人車". 眨眼
從之前的文章開始顯示:
3頁(共4頁)
前往:

無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章
無法 在這個版面編輯文章
無法 在這個版面刪除文章
無法 在這個版面進行投票
無法 在這個版面上傳附加圖檔
可以 在這個版面下載已上傳之附加圖檔