WatchBus 手錶討論區 :: 觀看文章 - What watch I should buy?
開新主題 回覆文章 Share
What watch I should buy?
前往頁面 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  下一頁
發表人 內容
lecturer
初級會員
初級會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2006-01-27 14:31
引言回覆

By the way, the watch is for a 27 years old lady. Jewel watch and fashion brand watch will be out of my consideration.
lecturer
初級會員
初級會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2006-01-27 14:37
引言回覆

oh..something wrong with the site. My original message is missing.

Basically, I wanna look for a skeleton chrono watch with good movements and the size should not bigger than 44mm. The watch is for everyday use so it should be more durable and easy to go with executive clothes.

My budget would be 50000HKD (round about 6400 USD).

Base on the above criteria, which brand and model you would recommend?

Thank you so much for your valuable advice.

By the way, Gong Hei Fat Choi. (Gong Xi Fa Chai)
redsubby
白金會員
白金會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2006-01-27 15:23
引言回覆

Is it for the girl in your picture? 耍酷

I don't know much about skeleton chrono....only one I can think of is Chronoswiss Opus.

初級會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2006-01-27 15:33
引言回覆

Well, the watch is for the gal in the pic...and the gal is ME.

Basically, i am looking for a watch for myself. I am not familiar with watches, that's why I have to seek here.
lecturer
初級會員
初級會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2006-01-27 15:38
引言回覆

It should be "seek help from you guys here"...my typing skill is really crap.

Btw, I can read and write chinese without any problems. The only problem is that I dunno how to type in chinese. so if you have any opinion, feel free to leave your thread here in Chinese.

Thank you redsubby...Basically, I love to see the movement of the watch. It would be perfect if it is transperent like Opus but if only the back of the watch is transperant, it's still ok for me (like Zenith Chronomaster open)

Any more recommedation?
redsubby
白金會員
白金會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2006-01-27 16:13
引言回覆

Nice picture! I like~ 害羞

I think couple of Omega Speedmaster has transparent caseback, but probably too sporty for "executive outfits".

Personally I am not into skeleton watches, way too busy and "too much to see" for me. I think Zenith Chronomaster Star El Primero would suit you well. 非常高興
http://theluxurybazaar.com/timepieces/webforms/watches/model/model.aspx?c=aea156ed-2635-422d-bc00-ecfc740b9fe0

初級會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2006-01-27 16:27
引言回覆

Thank you for your appreciation. Should tell my freind who took that picture for me. 非常高興

I personally dun really like Omega or Rolex watches cos they are too common in Hong Kong. I prefer something unique with good quality. Anywayz, thanks for your lovely opinion. It seems that you are the only who would reply my thread.. 難過到哭

"too much to see", well, agree. However, from another point of view, i will see it as a piece of art, so I can treat viewing it as leisure whenever i get bored with my markng and teaching (just like now) 裝白ㄘ

Zenith Star...hum..I think I know which one you meant. I saw it once in Central but dun really like it cos it's a bit feminine. Basically, I have a tudor and lady IWC, I can wear them when I wanna look more feminine. It's time to get something different, that's why I wanna choose a men watch this time.

I am not so sure if Chronoswiss or Zenith (the models i have mentioned before) are using self developed movements. If i have to pay 6400 USD on a watch, it would be better spent on a watch with quality movement. Do you have any further suggestions?

Anywayz, thank you very much indeed for your lovely opinion. Nice to meet you.
volu
進階會員
進階會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2006-01-27 16:46
引言回覆

個人意見,我覺得女孩子帶 skeleton 表不太好看,要看機芯,透背已經好足夠。或 Zenith 的 Open Heart 看一點點就好了。

你係香港人,我就用廣東話打多少少。其實你中意文靜d 定sporty d 嘅表呢?
redsubby
白金會員
白金會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2006-01-27 16:48
引言回覆

Ha! running out of ideas here.

Too common might not be a bad thing, sometimes being "too common" reflects quality and popularity of a watch. Another thing about skeleton watches, it's too hard to tell the time! 耍酷

As for the Zenith Star being too feminine....I was going by your original post of asking the watch "easy to go with executive clothes", so I thought a watch that is too manly or sporty would not be suitable. and from what I can see in your picture, a watch on the feminine side would probably look nicer on you 微笑

Not sure if any of Panerai chrono's got transparent back or not, you might want to go to the stores and check them out. Also check out Chopard, Girard Perregaux, Breguet....etc, but again I am not certain which of their chrono models have transparent back. 害羞

I believe all Zenith watches use their own in-house movements~

**check your PM**

初級會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2006-01-27 17:14
引言回覆

Volu,
Hope you dun mind i type in english cos my chinese entry skill is really terrible. It's gonna take me ages to type few sentences.
I prefer something "文靜d" as you can tell from my picture (that's me actually). I am now teaching in university so I have to put on executive outfit most of he time.
(tho it's extremely boring...)
Budget 50000 HKD is quite a lot for me as i just strated working for very short while (as you can tell from my age). So i have to make sure the watch can fullfil the listed criteria (as noted above)

1) good movement, better if it is self developed movement (自製機芯) (top priority)
2) not too large (no bigger than 44 mm)
3) not in gold (i hate gold watches)
4) no jewel or fashion watch
5) durable and low maintainance
6) not too common (personally dun like omega and rolex)

Hope I can get some advice from you soon.

RedSubby,

Thank you very much again for your advice.
A feminine watch is more suitable for me..well, may be. Some sales person did recommended me Lady chrono Daniel Roth. It looks cool on me and the price is within budget. The back of the watch is transperant so i can see the movement clearly. However, I am not sure if the movement of the watch is self-developed, thus, i am not so famliar with this brand (it seems not many ppl know this brand), not sure if the movement is good enough.

I haerd some negative comments about Zenith open. It seems that the manufacturer nowadays cares about the outlook rather than the movement. I remember i found a thread in a US website claiming that the lifetime of the Zenith Open's movement is very short due to the design problem. I am not sure if it is true tho. Thus, I found another thread here saying that the Zenith watch has problems in water proof.

For chronoswiss, basically, i didn't hear any negative comment about it. One thing I heard about chronoswiss is the movement is not self-developed but by ETA. I know that ETA is a good movement maker but it's commonly used in less expensive watches.

Chopard, Girard Perregaux, Breguet....Breguet sounds cool but i am not familiar with this brand. Girard Perregaux....never heard of it, but worth to have a look as you recommended this brand to me. Can you recommend some models for me? Do they develop movement themselves?

Many thanks again...(sorry for being long winded) 微笑
從之前的文章開始顯示:
1頁(共5頁)
前往:

無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章
無法 在這個版面編輯文章
無法 在這個版面刪除文章
無法 在這個版面進行投票
無法 在這個版面上傳附加圖檔
可以 在這個版面下載已上傳之附加圖檔