預算吃緊,16610或16570都很讚
Etacaa
中級會員
中級會員
發表 發表於: 星期二 2004-12-14 03:08
引言回覆

lawrence 寫到:
君山 寫到:

但感覺ROLEX迷 對GMT 的關心不如Sub 及EXP....有什麼特殊原因嗎?
Thanks,

因為GMT跟Sub.的外型太相似,而比歷史跟名氣它都遠遠不如
多了一根針是多了實用性
不過買勞力士的錶迷很多時候考慮的並不只是實用性.. 耍酷

Hmmm, I really wonder if you know much about Rolex's history. There was a poll on TimeZone for "GMT vs. Sub". The polling result showed that far more collectors preferred GMT over Sub!! There is an good article about GMT on Watchbus. You might like to read it. Just to list a few points:

(1) GMT was a creation from the historical joint effort between Rolex and PAN-AM. PAN-AM was the largest airline company when airline pilots were viewed as the most prestigious professionals in the world. Rolex made itself famous by introducing Sub, Turn-O-Graph, and Exp at the same year. PAN-AM then gave Rolex to honor to create a real pilot watch. The experts from PAN-AM helped to shape the design. The joint effort was a great success to both companies.

(2) Since its creation, GMT has been the most popular watches among pilots. Many famous heros wore GMT in the wars.

(3) GMT was the only Rolex model worn in the Apollo 13 mission to the moon, even though the official NASA watch was Omega.

(4) Many "real" Rolex fans (who collect many Rolex) like GMT more than Sub. The TimeZone poll showed this preference once more. Why do most "common" people hear Sub more than GMT? Many fans believe that it is due to Rolex's marketing strategy. If Rolex adverstises GMT's history too much, the sales would shift from Sub to GMT right away. Instead, Rolex wants people to buy Sub first. When they gain more knowledge on Rolex, they will buy GMT later. In this way, Rolex can make more money.

(5) People tend to link the current Exp II to the famous Exp I. Well, too bad. There is virtually no linkage between these two watches. The designs changed a lot. And, Rolex added the 24hr function borrowed from GMT to Exp II. If you think Exp II has more "histroy", you should consider GMT far more "historical". After all, it was Exp I that were worn in many adventures to the high mountains. Exp II is not really an extension of Exp I since the designs changed a lot and you can still buy Exp I today.

Don't get me wrong. I love Sub. In fact, I am a certified Divemaster and have logged many dives. But, I just don't know why people keep spreading incorrect info without knowing a certain brand well enough. Sorry, no offense.
BB
白金會員
白金會員
發表 發表於: 星期二 2004-12-14 08:29
引言回覆

Sub的歷史演變比GMT豐富許多
去看看勞力士權威James的書
比頁數比照片就知道
說GMT(1675 or other GMT models)
是收藏家的最愛我是無法茍同
看看2手價即可驗證
從未看到GMT有好行情
還有買錶跟職業不見得一定有關
喜歡什麼買什麼
自己喜歡最重要
我不會潛水還是買了16600
$0.02
Etacaa
中級會員
中級會員
發表 發表於: 星期二 2004-12-14 09:33
引言回覆

BB 寫到:
Sub的歷史演變比GMT豐富許多
去看看勞力士權威James的書
比頁數比照片就知道
是收藏家的最愛我是無法茍同
看看2手價即可驗證
從未看到GMT有好行情
還有買錶跟職業不見得一定有關
喜歡什麼買什麼
自己喜歡最重要
我不會潛水還是買了16600
$0.02

Did I say "GMT(1675 or other GMT models)是收藏家的最愛"? I quoted the fact the the recent poll on the TimeZone that GMT got far more votes than Sub. BB, as Watchbus' "歐美特派員", should you be more netural in your comments? I think I am wasting time here by arguing Sub vs. GMT. I love both watches. I had a SS Sub before. It hurt my head whenver I played golf. So, I gave it to my little brother. Now, I have a TT GMT and TT Dayjust. I was just saying that many people don't really know much about Rolex's history but keep telling others incorrect information. If people here can't accept a different voice, I will just keep my mouth shut.
BB
白金會員
白金會員
發表 發表於: 星期二 2004-12-14 10:07
引言回覆

(4) Many "real" Rolex fans (who collect many Rolex) like GMT more than Sub. The TimeZone poll showed this preference once more.

Maybe I should say 玩家 than 收藏家
but actually how many "real" Rolex fans in the poll?
我只是指出SUB有較多歷史
並沒有說GMT不好
Gmt二手價不好是事實
那怕你的GMT是18K金也是一樣二手價不好
為什麼給我亂戴帽子?
我也買過16710跟16700

BB 迡善:
Sub的歷史演變比GMT豐富許多
去看看勞力士權威James的書
比頁數比照片就知道
是收藏家的最愛我是無法茍同