前往頁面 上一頁  1, 2, 3, 4  下一頁
發表人 內容
kpy
進階會員
進階會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2008-10-17 17:00
引言回覆

lac2s 寫到:
My infomation is that Panerai is having production difficulty of the ceramic dial, so they can only make less than 100pc per month. That is why we only see a few hundred of 292 in the market. The most recent shipment to US in Oct has low 300's serial#, so I think it will still take a while for the "J"'s to be fully released.

As for value, first of all the "J" model with pig will be the ONLY year that has the pig, it is considered collectible. secondly, the production qty will be far less than 249/232 due to the slow production, so even though 292 is not an official limited edition watch, we all know it is more limited than the limited edition, otherwise it will not commenced more premium than 249.

If Mr. Kingdom believed that because the 292 is just a black version of 183 and so it should be selling at 10% off list price like the 183, then he can dream on as we will not see this day to come.

If there is no special function for 292, so the value will drop, then what about the pre-Vs, 1A, 1B, aren't they all look similar to the current production of 000/005/111/104 but with the T-dial. These older production watches are asking anywhere from US$20k to $50k just because they have the T-dial, are they really worth that much more? may be, may be not, but history proved that people are willing to pay a hugh premium for these very basic watches.

I think 292 J is going to be very collectible, may be more so than 127/249. As for 292K, it will still be selling over list just like the 219, but may be a little less premium than the J's, 292 will not be another GV.

This is just my 0.02

Excellent explanation and view!
People don’t know what PIG meaning for. I think PAM292J is collectable, but the price is increase too much however the market will decide its value.
According to your information, does PAM292 dial use ceramic?
yuho
白金會員
白金會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2008-10-17 20:38
引言回覆

1/50th of a dollar might double? ..20/20 耍酷 !

出入自在?"錦灰堆"!
yours,
yuho
微笑
www.doghome.org.tw/
www.lco.org.tw/
gst
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2008-10-17 20:57
引言回覆

kpy 寫到:
lac2s 寫到:
My infomation is that Panerai is having production difficulty of the ceramic dial, so they can only make less than 100pc per month. That is why we only see a few hundred of 292 in the market. The most recent shipment to US in Oct has low 300's serial#, so I think it will still take a while for the "J"'s to be fully released.

As for value, first of all the "J" model with pig will be the ONLY year that has the pig, it is considered collectible. secondly, the production qty will be far less than 249/232 due to the slow production, so even though 292 is not an official limited edition watch, we all know it is more limited than the limited edition, otherwise it will not commenced more premium than 249.

If Mr. Kingdom believed that because the 292 is just a black version of 183 and so it should be selling at 10% off list price like the 183, then he can dream on as we will not see this day to come.

If there is no special function for 292, so the value will drop, then what about the pre-Vs, 1A, 1B, aren't they all look similar to the current production of 000/005/111/104 but with the T-dial. These older production watches are asking anywhere from US$20k to $50k just because they have the T-dial, are they really worth that much more? may be, may be not, but history proved that people are willing to pay a hugh premium for these very basic watches.

I think 292 J is going to be very collectible, may be more so than 127/249. As for 292K, it will still be selling over list just like the 219, but may be a little less premium than the J's, 292 will not be another GV.

This is just my 0.02

People don’t know what PIG meaning for. I think PAM292J is collectable, but the price is increase too much however the market will decide its value.

same question was posted elsewhere today also,
seems the dial is ceramic, but the 'pig' might be
微笑
http://www.network54.com/Forum/353391/thread/1224225327/Does+anyone+hear+the+PAM292+dial+is+CERAMIC-
fredyang
分區版面管理員
分區版面管理員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2008-10-17 21:21
引言回覆

gst 寫到:
kpy 寫到:
lac2s 寫到:

This is just my 0.02

same question was posted elsewhere today also,
seems the dial is ceramic, but the 'pig' might be
微笑
http://www.network54.com/Forum/353391/thread/1224225327/Does+anyone+hear+the+PAM292+dial+is+CERAMIC-

it seems the dial is not cermaic according to the last post by the mod.

peace

fred
luck5392
白金會員
白金會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2008-10-17 22:29
引言回覆

巴士上應該多一些這樣的討論
讓晚輩增長知識 微笑

資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2008-10-17 23:05
引言回覆

ya sorry i mean the dial is not ceramic, a typo

thanks Fred for your correction

害羞
kpy
進階會員
進階會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2008-10-17 23:13
引言回覆

fredyang 寫到:
it seems the dial is not cermaic according to the last post by the mod.

peace

fred

Thanks, Brother.
Will call you for GTG. 眨眼
jsu800
初級會員
初級會員
發表 發表於: 星期二 2008-10-21 05:10
引言回覆

The dial is not ceramic, I don't think so and so is the bezel, but the case itself (i.e., without the bezel portion of the case) is entirely made of ceramic.

Hope this clarifies some of the confusions.

Price wise, I think the J model will be more collectible than the K and models going forward. We cannot compare 292 with 183 because just materials alone both are in different leagues already.
gst
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期二 2008-10-21 11:38
引言回覆

seriously im a little confused.

PVD is a material of expensive
gold is a material that dont have resell value
white gold is heavy and difficult to resell

and ss is more popular than Ti but ti is lighter and more expensive.

so what about ceramic? is is better than stainless again?

Please help me

困惑
jsu800
初級會員
初級會員
發表 發表於: 星期四 2008-10-23 08:20
引言回覆

PVD is a coating process, not material. PVD is very easily prone to scratches so don't wear a PVD'ed watch around as a tool watch or you will have a hard time re-PVD the damaged watch to the same color.

I am not sure what you were asking about gold and white gold. Both are precious metals but in the league of luxury watches you are correct these watches don't appealing to masses. Fewer people could afford them as the law of supply vs demand plays the trick.

Ti is lighter yes but is a relatively soft metal and is, therefore, prone to scratches as well. SS is much stronger (especially, nowadays, watches made of SS are made with 316L grade SS making them an industrial metal hence more commonplace and cheap) and more durable than Ti.

Ceramic is supposed to be more scratch resistant than all of the other type materials. When comparing to 316L I don't think ceramic is stronger but it does offer its scratch resistance level unparalleled to that of 316L. Plus making cases out of ceramic is a difficult process hence the cost of production goes up relative to the cost of making cases in SS.
從之前的文章開始顯示:
3頁(共4頁)
前往:

無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章
無法 在這個版面編輯文章
無法 在這個版面刪除文章
無法 在這個版面進行投票
無法 在這個版面上傳附加圖檔
可以 在這個版面下載已上傳之附加圖檔