WatchBus 手錶討論區 :: 觀看文章 - [轉貼]錶痴10心得
開新主題 回覆文章 Share
發表人 內容
junlon
中級會員
中級會員
發表 發表於: 星期三 2008-02-27 07:03
引言回覆

在Time Zone Forum看到此文, 很有意思. 對(4), (8)深有同感. (1)曾經發生在Mexico City Airport的免稅商店.
剛學中文打字,辭不答意. 請中文好的大大,幫忙翻譯.

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=3390552&rid=0

700 club, My ten lessons learned (requested to put this in classic) Jan 05, 2008 - 06:21 PM
In two years, I have managed my 700th post. I know Stan Sirody does that in a week, but what the heck...

Anyway, in honor of my 700th post, I thought I would give my lessons learned....

10) Some Quartz watches do have a heart (for me Bathys).

9) Like all of the population, most WIS's are decent people.

8) Rolex's are not the 'ultimate' watches....they are good tool watches, that are priced about 50% higher than comparable watches from other brands, but they hold thier value well.

7) I do not like busy dials (that may be because my eyes do not focus well).

6) Perpetual calendars, minute repeaters, etc. in a quartz watch is cheating....I could write a computer program to be a perpetual calendar or minute repeater in 10 minutes....put it on an embedded device with good battery life, and you are there.

5) Perpetual calendars, minute repeaters, planetarium complications, etc in an automatic watch are really cool....but too expensive for me right now. Someday, I hope to have a perp. Calendar, but I will miss Feb 29, 2008 (unless I get the correct 6 numbers in lotto).

4) the most useful complications for me are 1) big date, and 2) GMT. Big date, because I am north of 40....I can not focus on the date on a small date, and GMT cause I travel a lot. So far, the best watch for that combo for me is the UN GMT Big Date....

3) 44 may be the new 40, but 55 mm is way too big....(a watch that has long since been sold: http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=2305445&rid=0 )

2) Do not expect other people, except watch people, to get the hobby. Most people can not comprehend wearing a $400 dollar watch let alone a $4000, $40000, etc watch. But, every now and then you will meet someone that will notice....they to are a WIS, and you have something to talk about.

1) A great way to kill some time is to not shave for too days, not shower, put on ratty jeans, a stained sweatshirt, and your nicest watch....Go to Tournau....with the watch under your sleeve. Ask to see a watch that is comparable to the watch hidden on your wrist...While the sales person is hemming and hawing, expose your watch, and see their jaw drop.

0) The surest way to make a small fortune flipping watches is to start with a large fortune.
ksg01
進階會員
進階會員
發表 發表於: 星期二 2008-05-06 11:40
引言回覆

說的好... 哈 哈 哈
social
資深會員
資深會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2010-08-27 10:57
引言回覆

Good article! 哈 哈 哈