開新主題 回覆文章 Share
為何沒人幫我?
前往頁面 上一頁  1, 2, 3, 4  下一頁
發表人 內容
jjkevin
訪客
發表 發表於: 星期日 2003-12-14 10:38
引言回覆

上面這位大大,您講的太好了,我真的是外行(對於錶),但我無法再花時間慢慢玩上來,所以才來此學習,希望各位熱心的大大不吝賜教,各種的批評及指教對於我這種外行人而言,皆能獲益. 害羞 害羞 害羞 非常高興 非常高興 非常高興
flyback
歐美特派員
歐美特派員
發表 發表於: 星期日 2003-12-14 11:34
引言回覆

liawgh, Bravo!!!!

jjkevin,

The actual fun is coming from the research, the study and your passion. If you jump straight into PP w/o knowing what that is, you won't get your money worth it. Once you figured out what you want, and figured our a negotiating strategy, you then can fulfill your needs and walk home happy. I think it'd be embarassing when people go "wow, nice watch!! Can you tell me something about it?" and you find yourself with nothing to say.

One thing I've found about this hobby is that most people are very willing to help (if you are willing to listen) and they'll give you no attitude at all. Just take a look at Watchbus. We have people asking information about lower end models all the way up to PP. Don't be shy and stay open minded.

If you are indeed looking at high end watches, I'd recommend PP, VC, AP, Breguet and Lange. Remember, there's no right or wrong about your purchase, as far as you know what you are getting and you feel good about it. If after all your research, the result still point to a VC, then go for it. It's your money and you have to be confident about it. Also, if you want to be unique, check out the members of AHCI. They are independent master watchmakers. You won't get the name, b/c very few people know about them. However, they are unique and very well crafted. I'm not telling you to buy those, but just to give you a few more options.

Also, you may want to take the after sale service into accout as well. The quality and cost vary from one brand to the next. Obviously, a Honda dealership won't offer the same service as Mercedes Benz, and the price would be way different too. I personally only look for the best quality with my money can buy, so I don't particularly care. However, you do have to service your watch.

my 2 cents.

fb
liawgh
訪客
發表 發表於: 星期日 2003-12-14 11:39
引言回覆

如果你不願花時間玩錶 ... 那我建議你買PP.5054好了
買了就戴著 ... 不要再買錶了 ...

如果你願意玩錶的話 .. 我可以建議你幾個品牌
1.Zenith El Primero Chronomaster 日月星
因為El Primero算是計時碼表的名機種 ... 之前價格約不到10萬即可買到
現在已調到20萬定價 ..
也就是說當初你買到 .. 在後來賣出時 ... 還能維持當初買的價格
是不是很保值呢 ... 而且你也把玩滿久了..

玩錶不一定能賺錢 ... 但如果選對錶款的話要保值並不難

PP 5054也是不錯 ... 你買了之後...漲的機率也很高
5年前 5054定價為50萬 ... 現在約74萬 ...
所以買5054也有可保值甚至升值的可能性

另外Glashutte Original Pano Reserve也非常看好
現在定價是26.5萬 ... 以它的切入市場的價格來說
勝過瑞士錶甚多 ... 將來一漲 .. 勢必銳不可擋
我認為非常值得購買 ..
而且很有價值..3/4夾板.鵝頸式微調等
你要買來佩帶玩賞 .. 心情都很瑜悅

以上給你參考一下
jjkevin
訪客
發表 發表於: 星期日 2003-12-14 15:54
引言回覆

Dear Flyback

Thank you for telling me that much.I know That the more I ask, the more I learn. You said "If you jump straight into pp without knowing what that is, you won't get your money worth it." I totally agree with that.And that is the reason why I came here to ask, and expected more experts to give some clues, from every aspect.

I also knew there are a lot of experts here willing to help me to get the exact watch I want. For example, You remind me I need to take care of the watch after I perchased .That is a home work I need to do. Maybe you can tell me more detail later. I also learned from visitor BB that the movement about VC and JLC. I also appreciate visitor RT to reveal the difference of the price of PP 5070 and VC crono. I should admit their comparisons really help me to understand why the market has a question about VC to be a really high end brand.

Here is my question: Why did you recommend PP,VC,AP,Breguet and Lange for high end watch? There must be some practical reasons, right? And you must know some subtle differences between all of these brands. If you want to share, I am all ears.
flyback
歐美特派員
歐美特派員
發表 發表於: 星期一 2003-12-15 03:17
引言回覆

jjkevin,

The reasons I suggested those brands are, 1) their list prices are unreal for most people. The quality is certainly there, but you are paying for prestige too. 2) They generally have a great history and reputation. 3) Despite the fact some of them use more outsourced parts, they generally have great watchmakers in-house and perceived as top notch in polishing and finishing. 3) They all offer great variety of complications (i.e. Tourbillon, repeater, perpetual calendar, equation of time, and many others). Also, they often offer Grande Complication, which means there are more than one complication in the same watch. It varies from the brand, but I think you need at least 5-6 to be able to call that. Of course, those watches are not your everyday watches. 5) They are not into mass production. Although PP makes 15,000/year, and Breguet is trying to catch up. However, once you get to their "real" stuff, those are all limited. Some models are only being produced 25 or 50 pieces a year or total.

If you'd asked me which car company is top notch, and I told you Ferrari, I'd probably give you similar reasons. It's expensive, great brand image, great engineering, good looking, and rare. You get my point, right?

Many different people look at these kind of things differently, and the concensus is that PP is the king in this industry. Ever since day 1, they have been the supplier to many Kings, Queens and Aristocrats. Thier have not stopped making watches and have always been privately own. PP offers top notch quality and generally, they make everything in-house. It's the whole package that makes it stand out. I am personally not a fan, at least not yet. I think they make a little too many watches for my taste, and there are only a few models that I like. Well, I can't afford them anyway, so I have no right to comment. 微笑

VC is in its own renaissance of its own. I'm not exactly sure what happened in between, but they are getting hotter and hotter. You can always say they are not as good as PP, but it's all about personal preference. As I mentioned b4, if VC is your conclusion, then why bother listening to others? The key is to conduct extensive research yourself to come to that conclusion. It's a Richemont company btw.

AP is good, but I'm not a big fan of the Royal Oak, which is probably their top seller. RO are probably like the BMW 3 series. It's not a bad car, but not the greatest from AP, but they are widely held. I've even heard a dealer calling it the Royal Joke. On the other hand, I have a special personal tie to the watch, b/c my parents once had a pair. They got the quartz one, b/c they weren't into mechanical watches. I've never liked them, but if I can afford it, I'd like to get them a new set later.

Breguet is the brand that got me into this whole thing. I accidentally saw their watches and got hooked on their website. They are owned by the swatch group, but please don't let it affect your impression towards them. Like PP, they used to be the suppliers to aristocrats. In technical terms, Breguet himself has his own page in watch making history. He invented Tourbillon, and set many other building blocks for the industry. Even today, we are still using terms like Breguet spring and Breguet hands. The only downside is that the previous 2 owners almost killed the brand since the 70's. Swatch is actually trying to "save" it, and Nicholas Hayek himself is the CEO of the brand now, and if you just look at their website or their marketing approach, you'll see they are on the right track. My favorite Bregeut from that website is not a watch-it's a clock called the Sympathique. Check it out if you have a minute. BTW, I don't even want to know the price of that piece.

Lange is probably the best brand outside of Switzerland. I've once read a master watchmaker saying that there's no brand in Switzerland can match PP's quality. However, if there is one, it'd be outside of Switzerland, and it'd be Lange. I'm a big fan of German brand these days, b/c I think they bring a certain style and design to the table. Their design is very clean, functional, and reliable. And I think they offer a better value overall. Back to Lange, they have a pretty long history too. However, b/c Glashuette (where Lange and GO located) is in the Eastern part of Germany, so they were ruined by WW2, and later, the communist party which consolidated all Glashuette companies to this 1 state owned entity. After the fall of the Berlin wall, they were all privatized. One of the Lange heir (I think his name is Walter), actually gathered a bunch of investors and bought the name back. It's owned by the Richemont group now (at least the majority stake).

Anyway, these are some brief (or not so brief) info about these brands. If you are really interested, I'd suggest, 1) go to each of their website and ask for a catalog. You won't be disappointed. They make great coffee table books. 微笑 2) Go to thepurists.com and start reading. They each have their own forum and a huge member base.

There's another thing for you to think about. These brands make entry level or popular models, and although they bare the name, I personally don't feel the same as a "real" thing if you know what I mean. At the end, I don't think the brand matters as much as what you are actually getting. The models I personally would watch out before buying are- Breguet's Type XX, PP's Aquanaut, and the Royal Oak. They are not bad watches at all, but you just have to make sure that's what you want. At the end, it's all about what you want. One thing for sure, no one will or can look down on you for these watches, b/c they are the top in the league.

Last, I want to second liawgh's recommendation. Why? Because I'm a proud owner of a PanoReserve. 眨眼 IMHO opinion, I think if there's 1 brand can crack into that top 5 list, GO would be my pick. Of course, you'll find people choosing JLC or Ulysse Nardin instead. It's all about personal preference. If you are looking for more info about GO, you can go to their website or just go to that where to buy Union thread. I wrote just as much there.

hope this is helpful.

fb
jjkevin
訪客
發表 發表於: 星期四 2003-12-18 18:16
引言回覆

我買到錶了.A.LANGE 1 MOON PHASE.謝謝各位的建議,讓我換顆腦袋,從GO切入,而後發現A.LANGE 是如此地美,我在錶店當場6,7隻錶比對,無論外表或機心的打磨皆比我日前鎖定的pp或vc來的好得多多....,不是我買這隻錶就說她好,實在是....pp and vc當場就比被下去了....難怪人家說LANGE....今晚可以好好睡覺囉!
flyback
歐美特派員
歐美特派員
發表 發表於: 星期四 2003-12-18 23:10
引言回覆

Congratulation!!!! I'm very happy for you.
jjkevin
訪客
發表 發表於: 星期五 2003-12-19 09:38
引言回覆

Flyback

The only thing I want to say is "Thank you very much"
佚名
進階會員
進階會員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2003-12-19 14:25
引言回覆

jjkevin兄:
請問 A.LANGE 1 MOON PHASE訂價多少?而成交價為何呢?謝謝.
flyback
歐美特派員
歐美特派員
發表 發表於: 星期五 2003-12-19 14:31
引言回覆

jjkevin,

It's my pleasure. Again, I'm really happy for you. Finding your first love is always great!!! I hope you get a good deal though. However, if you can afford it, then it doesn't really matter.

Anyway, have fun and take good care of it.

fb
從之前的文章開始顯示:
2頁(共4頁)
前往:

無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章
無法 在這個版面編輯文章
無法 在這個版面刪除文章
無法 在這個版面進行投票
無法 在這個版面上傳附加圖檔
可以 在這個版面下載已上傳之附加圖檔